17-year-old boy died by police torture in Uttar Pradesh

Lakhimpur, India: January 24 (KMS): A 17-year-old boy died after mercilessly tortured by the Indian cops inside a police outpost in Hindutva RSS-BJP ruled Indian state, Uttar Pradesh.

The boy’s family said that cops were directly involved in the assault and killing of the boy in a police outpost on suspicion of mobile theft.

A video, now viral on social media, has the boy’s family showing external injuries on his body to a senior policeman.

“The boy’s family has filed two complaints and registered an FIR under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of IPC against his uncle Ram Bahadur and neighbour Rajveer Singh. The second complaint is against a sub-inspector and two constables. We are probing the case in detail and will take action against the cops in question, accordingly,” claimed Palia Circle Officer (CO), Sanjay Nath Tiwari.

The boy’s elder sister said that her brother, a day before his death, told her that he was thrashed by cops for a “confession”.

Narrating the sequence of events, she said: “The cops came to our house for my brother. My mother accompanied him to a nearby police outpost and she was sent back home. After a few hours, we received a call to take my brother. But when my parents reached there, they found him badly beaten and crying in pain. He said that he was beaten mercilessly by cops and my uncle. They brought him home and when his condition deteriorated, he was admitted to a hospital in Palia town where he succumbed during treatment.”

The boy was the only son of farmer Laxmi Ram and youngest amongst four siblings.

The incident comes three months after another custodial death in Kasganj where Mohammad Altaf, 22, who was allegedly held by police for fake case of “kidnapping” a minor Hindu girl, was later found “hanging” from a tap inside a washroom in the police lockup.

The missing girl turned out to be an adult and later told police that she was never kidnapped.

In another such incident, a sanitation worker, Arun Valmiki, who was held by police for allegedly stealing Rs 25 lakh from the strong room of Jagdishpura police station, had died in police custody in the state. His family had said that he died in police custody due to “torture”.

%d bloggers like this: