Mob attacks Muslim delivery boy in Maharashtra

New Delhi, Mar 14 (KMS): A Muslim student, who works as a delivery boy to continue his education, was brutally assaulted and abused by a mob on the Holi day in Nanded city in the Indian state of Maharashtra.

The police swung into action only after a video footage of the attack on the victim, Amran Tamboli, surfaced on social media, reports reaching here said.

Clarion India’s attempts to reach local police officials to get details of the action taken by them were not successful. However, according to Twitter handle Hindutva Watch four persons have been arrested.

The footage shows that Amran was standing by after delivering the ordered food items. All of a sudden, four persons came there and started attacking him. They first pushed him, then hit him with hands and sticks. While on their way back after the assault, they pelted stones and bricks at the victim. Later some people responded to Amran’s pleadings and rescued him from the clutches of the four persons.

“After receiving an order for food delivery, I picked up food from a local restaurant and reached Bajrang Nagar. I delivered the food and was checking other orders on my phone, when suddenly three to four youth reached the place and started abusing and assaulting me. They even pelted stones and bricks at me. One of them even picked up a wooden log and hit me,” Amran was quoted by media as saying.

After the initial assault, one of the attackers came back and smeared colours on his beard and put a tilak on his forehead, he said.

Amran also told local media that the attackers were also saying that why did a Muslim boy enter their area. They shouted, “throw him out,” he said.

Amran was seriously injured and fell unconscious. His team leader reached there and took him to a hospital. When he gained consciousness, he went to the police station to file a complaint.

“I was told by the police official that I would be called back to investigate the matter. So far, I did not get a call from the police. Let’s see what the police do,” he said.

According to Amran, it was after the video was widely shared on social media that the police swung into action on Saturday and registered an FIR.

Amran said the incident has left him and his colleagues scared and worried about how they would carry out their duties.

%d bloggers like this: