Islamabad, August 01 (KMS): APHC-AJK leadership while condemning the surge in the killing of innocent Kashmiris by Indian troops in occupied Jammu and Kashmir has criticized the criminal silence of the international community over blatant human rights violations committed by New Delhi in the occupied territory.
APHC-AJK former Convener, Muhammad Farooq Rehmani in a statement in Islamabad, today, expressed shock over premeditated plan of murder of an innocent youth of Kupwara, Akhtar Ahmad Butt in a fake encounter, yesterday. He said that the actual facts as stated by the martyr’s family confirm that the young boy had been dragged from his shop on 15th of last July and was subjected to forcible disappearance before being killed in police and army custody. He deplored that body of the martyred youth was not handed over to his family for proper burial.
Rehmani said human rights activists and free and independent journalists and photojournalists had been silenced as there was a dreadful atmosphere of threat of the Indian regime’s secret agencies and wandering RSS gangs all across occupied Jammu and Kashmir. He appealed to the UNCHR to take measures for safety and security of the innocent Muslim population of Kashmir.
Meanwhile, APHC-AJK spokesman Imtiaz Wani in a statement in Islamabad said that India has turned Jammu and Kashmir into a military garrison. He said that the killing of Akhtar was a blatant violation of human rights and lamented that brutal Indian forces were killing Kashmiris on daily basis.
He urged the United Nations and world major powers to play their role in peaceful settlement of the Kashmir dispute to avert innocent killings in the occupied territory.
APHC-AJK leader Altaf Hussain Wani in a statement terming the killing as worst form of state terrorism deplored that the authorities have been denying Kashmiris the right to burial. The secret burials of youth killed during police custody and fake encounters, he said, were a deliberate attempt to hide the crimes against innocent Kashmiris.