Islamabad, May 30 (KMS): Pakistan has strongly condemned extra-judicial killing of two more Kashmiri youth in a staged “cordon-and-search” operation in Pulwama district of the Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.
Foreign Office Spokesperson Asim Iftikhar in a statement on Monday said that killing spree of the Kashmiris by Indian forces in the occupied territory intensified after sentencing of Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front Chairman Muhammad Yasin Malik in contrived and one-sided case.
He said the martyrdom of several Kashmiris in just the last few days in IIOJK is highly condemnable and part of the unabated brutal campaign of oppression against the Kashmiris.
Asim Iftikhar said over 609 innocent Kashmiris have, so far, been martyred by Indian forces in staged encounters, since India’s illegal and unilateral actions of 5 August 2019.
He deplored that Indian forces had stepped up extra-judicial killings of Kashmiris, particularly targeting Kashmiri youth, following the malafide conviction and sentencing of Yasin Malik.
He said Pakistan reiterates its call on the international community to hold India accountable for its gross and systematic violations of human rights in IIOJK.
Asim Iftikhar said Pakistan also urges the international community to play its role in facilitating a just and peaceful resolution of the Kashmir dispute in accordance with the relevant UN Security Council resolutions and the wishes of the Kashmiri people, for durable peace and stability in South Asia.