FM Qureshi says Pakistan to seek written response from India

‘India’s mistake in Mian Channu incident could have led to war’

Islamabad, March 11 (KMS): Foreign Minister, Shah Mehmood Qureshi, has said that Pakistan will seek a written response from India for firing a missile into Pakistani territory.

Talking to a private TV channel, Shah Mehmood Qureshi said India will have to give the answer for the negligence, otherwise, Pakistan will unveil its strategy in the coming days.

The foreign minister urged the permanent members of the UN Security Council not to be silent spectators on the grave negligence of India as their mistake could cost several lives if it hit the populous area.“India’s attitude is irresponsible, now the West has to break its silence and take notice of the irresponsible move. It could have sparked an accidental war. We are telling the world to take this matter seriously,” he said.

Shah Mahmood Qureshi said India is becoming a risk to the global peace. “Was the attempt of an Indian submarine to sneak into Pakistani waters also a mistake? They are providing financial resources to the terrorists in Balochistan. If India does not give an answer then we will not remain silent. If the international community remains silent over the issue then it will be a big message for the Pakistani nation,” he said.

The foreign minister said Pakistani armed forces are vigilant, dutiful and a peace-loving military. He added that the nation has witnessed the professionalism of the air force and Pakistanis are proud of having such brave and courageous soldiers.

It is to mention here that Indian Defence Ministry today accepted that India’s military accidentally fired a missile into Pakistan and called it “deeply regrettable”.

“In the course of a routine maintenance, a technical malfunction led to the accidental firing of a missile” on Wednesday that landed in “an area of Pakistan”, it said in a statement, adding that a high-level inquiry had been ordered.

Pertinently, in a news conference late on Thursday night, Pakistan military spokesman Major-General Babar Iftikhar said, “On 9 March a high-speed flying object was picked up inside Indian territory by air defence operations centre of the Pakistan air force.”

Pakistan foreign office also said in a statement that it summoned on Friday India’s charge d’affaires in Islamabad to lodge a protest over this unprovoked violation of Pakistani airspace. The foreign office called for an investigation of the incident, which it said could have endangered passenger flights and civilian lives.

Pakistan warned India “to be mindful of the unpleasant consequences of such negligence and take effective measures to avoid the recurrence off such violations in future.” KMS—21M

%d bloggers like this: