Amir let go after frisking, spent time at hospital before killed: eyewitnesses

Srinagar, November 18 (KMS): In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, one of the civilians martyred in the Hyderpora, Srinagar, fake encounter on Monday had spent half an hour in the nearby hospital after being frisked by the Indian troops outside the building.

According to Kashmir Media Service, the twenty-two-year-old Amir Ahmad Magray, a resident of Ramban district of Jammu region, who was working as an employee in the Hyderpora building, had spent almost half an hour in the nearby Classic hospital, while the rest of the people, including Mohammad Altaf Butt and Dr Mudasir Gul, were kept in the premises of a nearby showroom.

Talking to the media, hospital employees said that a few police personnel visited the hospital on Monday evening and told them to close the main gate and don’t let anyone enter inside the premises.

“So, we closed the gate and were sitting on the lawn,” said the employees, requesting not to be named. The employees said that within a few minutes, they heard a knock on the gate and after they opened the gate, “it was Amir”.

“We all knew Amir as he used to come for lunch every day at the hospital canteen. So, we let him in and asked him what was happening outside,” the employees said. “He [Amir] told us that the troops have cordoned the area and are searching the buildings,” they said.

The employees said that Amir sat with them for 30 minutes. “He had a glass of water and smoked a cigarette, and was talking with us for almost half-an-hour,” the employees said.

“After half an hour, two policemen and one person in civilian clothes came and asked Amir to accompany them to open the office for search purposes. So, Amir went along with them,” the employees said. “That was the last time we saw him. Later, we came to know that he was killed during a gunfight.”

The police claimed that Amir was a “hybrid militant” and was killed along with three others during a gunfight in Hyderpora area of Srinagar on Monday. But the family of three – Amir, Muhammad Altaf Butt and Dr Mudasir Gul, who were killed too, have rejected the police claims. All the three families have said that the trio were innocent civilians.

“Why, instead of running from the spot, he [Amir] sat on the hospital lawn. If he was a militant and he knew that troops are looking after him, he would easily escaped when he let go after the search,” said Muhammad Lateef Magray, father of Amir, while talking to the media over the phone from Ramban.

Magray said that after being recalled from the hospital, “the troops killed Amir outside the building.”

“My son was killed on the street, there are still bullet marks and blood stains, which were later covered with sand,” Magray added.

“He was living with his sister and brother-in-law in the same building. His sister returned home just two months back. If it was a militant hideout, would he keep his sister with him,” Magray said.

Amir was a Hafiz and had done his Islamic course from Bandipora district. He also went to Deoband to complete the Qari course.

The eyewitnesses said that Amir, who was a helper to Dr Mudasir came down from the building when troops cordoned the area. Amir was coming down from the building when troops frisked him and was asked to hand over his phone, which he was not carrying along with him.

“I heard him [Amir] telling the troops that his phone is not with him,” said one of the eyewitnesses. After frisking Amir, the eyewitnesses saw him walking towards the nearby hospital.

Eyewitnesses said that before Mudasir was taken along, the troops also asked him to call Amir back to the office. “Before taking Mudasir along, an officer asked Mudasir to recall Amir to the office. But we don’t know how he [Amir] was killed,” they said.

%d bloggers like this: