IIOJK in focus

Curfew enters 4th consecutive day in IIOJK

IGP grilled for statement on KMS, social media

Srinagar, September 05 (KMS): In Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir, strict curfew continued for the fourth straight day, today, to prevent people from pouring in to pay tributes to the martyred veteran Hurriyat leader and icon of Kashmir freedom movement, Syed Ali Gilani in Hyderpora area of Srinagar.

Thousands of Indian troops remained deployed in the Kashmir valley to bar people from marching towards the residence of the late leader. All roads leading to Hyderpora were sealed with barbed wires while mobile internet service remained suspended. The All Parties Hurriyat Conference has given a march towards Eidgah in Srinagar, tomorrow, to offer prayers for martyrs of Kashmir. It has also asked the Kashmiri Diaspora to hold protests outside Indian embassies in world major capitals against custodial death of Syed Ali Gilani.

Meanwhile, Dr Nayeem and Dr Naseem, sons of Syed Ali Gilani, in media interviews in Srinagar said that they were not allowed to conduct the last rites of their father as per Islamic interjections. They deplored that the dead body of their father was treated the same way by the Indian authorities as he was treated when he was alive.

People from all walks of life including Grand Mufti of Kashmir, Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam, Hurriyat leader Bilal Ahmed Siddiqui, former Indian Minister Prof Saifddin Soz, former IIOJK Chief Ministers Dr. Farooq Abdullah and Omar Abdullah and Hurriyat AJK leader Muhammad Farooq Rehmani in their statements termed the death of Syed Ali Gilani as a great loss to the people of Kashmir.

The APHC Spokesman in a statement strongly reacted to the assertions made by Inspector General of IIOJK Police, Vijay Kumar that Kashmir Media Service and social media platforms from Azad Kashmir and Pakistan are giving hype to the situation in Jammu and Kashmir. The spokesman said that independent media outlets like Kashmir Media Service were showing only what Modi-led India was doing in occupied Jammu and Kashmir. He cited the forcible custody of the dead body of the veteran Hurriyat leader, Syed Ali Gilani and its overnight burial under the military siege and imposition of curfew and communication blackout, thereafter, to prevent people from paying tributes to the martyred leader as just glimpses of New Delhi’s brutal face in the occupied territory.

The cross-examination of witnesses in the three-decade-old cases of the killing of four Indian Air Force personnel and the abduction of then Indian Home Minister, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed’s daughter, Rubaiya Sayeed, began at a special court in Jammu. JKLF Chairman Muhammad Yasin Malik who along with others has been falsely implicated in the two cases joined the proceeding through video conferencing from Delhi’s Tihar jail

Police have recovered a dead body of a National Conference Panch in Sopore, today. The deceased has been identified as Meraj-ud-Din Mir.

Related Articles

Back to top button