Srinagar, June 18 (KMS): In order to lure the youth of Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) in the situation post abrogation of Article 370 in August 2019, the Indian government promised to provide employment to 50,000 uneducated youth, but so far it has not lived up to the expectations.
The then Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Satya Pal Malik had announced that Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government will provide 50,000 jobs to uneducated youth of the territory. The official confirmation, however, about the failure of the government to provide employment came in an official handout released on June 16. Quoting Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha, the official handout said 18,000 posts have been advertised by SSB for recruitment in various departments till now.
The authorities also negated the promise as made by Sinha’s predecessor Malik while, Malik had promised 50,000 jobs, the authorities now say only half that number were promised.
Meanwhile the statement of the LG has left the unemployed up in arms.
“Was the package of 50,000 jobs a cruel joke with the youth and when was it reduced to 25,000 jobs? Is government making a fool of us?” asked a group of visibly upset youth in Jammu.
The youth said the government performance has been so sluggish that even the claim of 18,000 jobs as made by the Raj Bhawan was yet to be accomplished. “Advertising 18,000 jobs doesn’t mean that these many youth have been employed.
Till now it means that government has grabbed a big fee worth crores from 18,000 youth because the actual recruitment is still awaited. So where is the employment,” asked the youth.