Protesters subjected to brute force in Shopian

Srinagar, March 04 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, the All Parties Hurriyet Conference has said that continued house arrest of its Chairman, Syed Ali Gilani, has taken a heavy toll on his health.

The APHC spokesman, Ayaz Muhammad Akbar in a statement issued in Srinagar said, Syed Ali Gilani is under house detention for the past more than six years. He said that less physical activity due to house detention could complicate the health condition of the octogenarian leader. He said that the residence of Syed Ali Gilani was under surveillance as CCTV cameras had been installed at several points near it. He urged India to reconsider its Kashmir policy which had neither changed the disputed status of Kashmir nor disassociated the Kashmiri people from the freedom movement.

Meanwhile, the APHC and resistance leaders, Nayeem Ahmed Khan, Syed Bashir Andrabi, Mohammad Yousuf Mir and Mohammad Ramzan Khan in their statements in Srinagar expressed serious concern over New Delhi’s decision of providing around 5,000 more pellet guns to the Indian forces’ personnel to suppress demonstrations in occupied Kashmir. They said that the pellet guns had already blinded and maimed hundreds of Kashmiris during the ongoing mass uprising.

The Chairman of Jammu and Kashmir Salvation Movement, Zafar Akbar Butt, visited SMHS hospital in Srinagar and enquired about the health of the youth injured due to the firing of pellets by Indian forces in the territory.

On the other hand, people staged massive demonstrations at Chillipora Heff in Shopian district after Indian police and troops launched a siege and search operation in the area. Indian forces’ personnel fired teargas shells to disperse the protesters, causing injuries to several people. The protesters who were in thousands compelled the Indian forces to call off the operation. A large number of protesters forced the Indian troops to end an operation in Tral town.

The spokesman of the forum led by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq in a statement in Srinagar strongly denounced the arrest of several innocent youth from Ratnipora area of Pulwama.

The occupation authorities have sent Hurriyet leader, Mukhtar Ahmed Waza to seven-day police remand. Indian police had arrested him near Wanpoh in Islamabad on Thursday when he was returning from Kulgam after attending a condolence gathering.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Kashmir Media Service | Login